1) Establish a food service business plan. Envision your future business with bold ideas and rethink each one carefully. Listed below are some sample questions you may want to ask yourself:
- What kind of food do I want to serve?
- What major cooking equipments do I need? Do I need a char broiler? A convection oven?
- How many people do I want to serve? Do I want to seat 50 or more? Do I just want to serve to-gos? Do I want to deliver?
- How do I want the place to function? Do I want a full service bar? A decorative bar? Open kitchen? Eating counter? Any VIP room?
- Do I want to serve breakfast, lunch and or dinner? Do I want to close the place up in the afternoon?
- How many employees do I need?
- What kind of clientele am I after?
- What’s an average priced meal per customer?
- How fast do I want to serve the food? How long do I want each customer to stay?
- Do I want to incorporate any other means of entertainment? Live music band? Plasma T.Vs?
- Do I need speakers? Do I need an office?
- Do I want to put any emphasis on history, culture, type of food, special service or any new concepts?
2) Conduct research on your location and analyze whether it’s adequate for your proposed use. Please click the article below for the checklist you may find handy for selecting the right site.
» » How to look for an ideal location for restaurant?